ALL BEAUTY MUST DIE
All beauty must die is born as an editorial for Visceral8’s issue II: DISPOSABLE.
When we have been said about the theme, we were a little bit scared because it seemed to be far from our usual research. But them it came to our mind the idea of cut flowers and we have begun a series we care so much about.
Focusing on cut flowers, beautiful objects which because of their beauty are cut and begin to die – and they do it in a few days – we reflect about the concept of disposable when applied to a living creature, a cruel aspect of the world.
The metaphor of faded beauty shows how this is a concern felt by human beings as well. Humans too, when they are born, are cut from their mother’s belly and start their life in the right moment when they begin dying. As they grow old, they feel more and more the anguish of decay and degradation.
All beauty must die is shot in polaroid. Instant film let us capture single moments of life, decay and death of these flowers, whose no trace has remained now.
- Fai clic per condividere su Facebook (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per condividere su Tumblr (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per condividere su Pinterest (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per condividere su Twitter (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic per condividere su WhatsApp (Si apre in una nuova finestra)